Because we have such a beautiful building, many folks are interested
in renting it for weddings, receptions, personal parties and other events.
We are thrilled to share our unique building. We hope that our building and grounds will meet the goals of your event and we strive to provide a welcoming environment for you and your guests. The details of our rental policies and procedures are listed below. Please review them and feel free to ask if you have special needs not outlined in this agreement, have questions, or need clarification of any details.
The UUFA has made a commitment to be environmentally responsible and act in a manner that is responsible. We urge users to avoid using disposable items and to use the washable, reusable items that we are happy to provide you, the renter. Please do not leave behind items made of Styrofoam and plastic utensils or other unwanted items. We ask all users to recycle and dispose properly of all trash materials. Please use plastic trash bags and bag all non-recyclable items and empty and rinse all recyclable materials and place in the bins located in the trash receptacle just off the parking lot. In the event that additional trash items are left to be cleaned up the damage deposit may be forfeited.
Use of Fellowship Resources:
We welcome you to use our tables and chairs as well as dishes, and other kitchen utensils. We also have a Bunn Coffee maker for your use. We do ask that you bring your own coffee and food items. Coffee making instructions are listed on the wall above the machine in the main hall.
Our expectations are that you leave the building and grounds in the same condition in which you found them. Please clean immediately after your event. If you, yourself are unable to clean, please make arrangements for others to do so for you. If the buildings and grounds are not left in satisfactory condition the renter risks forfeiting the damage deposit as well as being billed for the any additional clean-up that may be necessary. Please use the following as a check-list as you clean the fellowship:
- Clean and put away all chairs and tables
- Sweep and mop the floors as needed
- Please empty all trash cans and take closed bags to the trash bin. You are welcome to use spare trash bags which can be found in the cupboard to the left of the small sink or in the kitchen.
- Please place all recyclable materials in the orange Athens City recycling bin.
- Put liquids only in the small sink upstairs - - the drain clogs easily.
- Wash all dishes in the kitchen, using the posted washing instructions, including the bleach in the 3rd sink. You will find a bottle of bleach underneath the sink.
- Please be sure the kitchen oven and stove top are turned off after use.
- We hold services on Sunday morning, please be aware that the Fellowship must be in order for our regular services.
No Smoking is allowed in the Fellowship Hall! Please ask all guests to smoke outside and use the cigarette receptacles. Please refrain from leaving cigarette butts on the grounds of the Fellowship.
Alcohol is permitted. We ask that you place kegs on the deck or on a plastic sheet inside the hall. Please wipe up spills promptly with a damp cloth or sponge. Please rinse all bottles and cans and place in bins for recycling.
Other Building Issues and Policies:
- Fireplace - In cold weather the fire place can be used provided you have been instructed about its use. Please make sure the damper is open before lighting a fire; please also ensure that the fire is thoroughly doused when you are done, and make sure the damper is shut before leaving the building.
- Heating and Fire Safety- Please be sure that all interior doors are shut before leaving the building, including restroom doors, stairway doors, classroom doors, and kitchen door.
- Phone Use - You may use the phone in the cupboard near the small sink for local calls only. Our phone is old so we appreciate your help in making sure the receiver is firmly replaced in it cradle.
- Lights/Fans - Please be sure that all lights and fans are turned off, including the bathroom lights and fan, and that all exterior doors are locked before leaving.
- Key - You will receive information about getting the code to get the key out of the lock box on the right hand door of the Fellowship. You need to lock the door with the inside button and re-enter the code in order to put the key back in the lock box.
- Respectful of the Neighborhood: We appreciate your attention to noise level. We are located in a residential neighborhood and ask that your festivities and noise levels be kept to a minimum. We are located within the City of Athens and must adhere to the noise ordinance. Further, please end your event by Midnight.
- Parking Lot - The Fellowship parking lot holds a maximum of 40 cars – please ask guests to park inside the lot. DO NOT park in neighboring yards on either side of the Fellowship. Athens city code prohibits parking on Longview Hts. (cars parked on the road may be towed or cited by Athens city parking enforcement). Renters who have cars parked the street will lose the security deposit.
The charge for Weddings is $350. The rental cost includes the Friday night rehearsal time and use of the building until midnight Saturday. Rental payment and damage/security deposit are due 30 days prior to the event. Failure to pay may result in cancellation of your reservation. Damage/Security deposit is $70 and will be returned to you within 30 days after your event, minus any cleaning costs or other charges incurred.
Refund: If your event is cancelled 30 days prior to the scheduled date of your event, a full refund will be given. Giving less than 30 days notice will result in loss of damage deposit fee.
We charge a standard fee of $45 per hour with a minimum usage fee of $90 (2 hrs). The damage deposit for these events is a minimum $70. Rental fees and deposits are due 30 days prior to your event. In the event that the payment is not made your event may be cancelled. The damage deposit will be returned to you within 30 days after your event, minus any cleaning costs or other charges incurred. You will receive a phone call if such charges are pending.
To download the complete rental agreement/contract, which includes the information above, please CLICK HERE. This is a Word (.doc) file.
For now, please contact rentals@NOREPLYuuathens.org .
- Note: please manually remove the words NOREPLY from
the e-mail address before sending.